Zero-tolerance abuse policy
Ridgeview Medical Centre is committed to providing a space free of harassment and intolerance.
Threats or abusive language; disrespectful, rude, or intolerant comments; or negative behaviour towards team members, clinicians or patients, will not be condoned.
We reserve the right to immediately terminate care and refuse service, should any of these behaviours be exhibited by persons entering or communicating with our facility.
Cancelled or missed appointments
At Ridgeview Medical Centre we realize your time is valuable, and we work hard to see patients as scheduled. We very much appreciate the same consideration in return.
Effective April 2022, we are no longer charging fees for late cancellations or missed appointments.
From this time, should a clinic patient miss more than 3 appointments in a 5 year period, without providing a minimum of 24 hours notice, you will be removed from your physician's practice.
Dismissed patients are still welcome to attend the Saturday walk-in clinic, however an additional missed appointment here will result in being dismissed from the clinic entirely.
Appointments that are cancelled within 24hrs of the appointment time will be marked as a 'Late Cancellation', except in the following circumstances, where the appointment will be removed without penalty:
- You have developed COVID-like symptoms;
- You have had a medical emergency, resulting in care being provided at an Emergency Dept. instead of the clinic;
- Your family member has had a medical emergency (or in the case of a minor, you have had to collect an unwell / injured child from school/childcare and can no longer make your appt);
- Winter road conditions making travel unsafe;
- Any other situation that the front desk personnel determines to be fair and reasonable.
Consider the impacts:
In order to keep our schedule running smoothly and to prevent long wait times for our patients, we do not double-book appointments. If you miss your appointment, or cancel at the last minute; patients are turned away that could otherwise have been seen.
In addition, physicians read charts and prepare for your visit prior to the appointment. In some cases, rooms, staff, and equipment are prepped. Missed appointments contribute to clinic inefficiencies, which in turn impacts availability and wait times.
To cancel an appointment during office hours please contact our office on 403-609-8333, ext. 1.
To cancel an appointment after office hours please call (403) 609 9596 and leave a message.
Ridgeview Medical Centre is a family practice offer an evening and weekend walk-in clinic. Rules apply:
- Patients must attend the clinic in person to book and will be assigned an appointment on a first-come, first-seen basis.
- Appointments are booked same-day only and cannot be booked in advance.
- Unassigned patients who do not return at their assigned appointment time will lose the ability to book ahead in the future and may be required to wait in the clinic for any future appointments. Additional missed appointments will result in dismissal from the clinic.
- New patients must complete a New Patient Form and provide a copy of their Provincial health card at the time of booking. Photo ID may also be requested.
- Please note: If you cannot provide a valid copy of your Provincial Health Card, or if you have Quebec Healthcare, you will need to pay for your appointment. We are unable to confirm coverage for visitors from other Provinces.
- Some services such as travel-related appointments or third-party medical forms, are not covered by Alberta Health Services and may incur a fee.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms that you suspect may be related to COVID-19; please call to discuss prior to attending the clinic in person.
FOREIGN CITIZENS TRAVELLING IN CANADA
Physicians at Ridgeview Medical Centre are able to see non-Canadian residents on a walk-in basis.
The base fee for non-Canadians is $175 per appointment. Additional fees may be charged based on the complexity of the appointment.
Please note: we are not able to perform x-rays or lab work on-site, nor can we bill directly to your travel insurance.
Walk-in Clinic Hours
Monday to Thursday:
9am - noon
Saturday:10am - 4pm
Sundays and Statutory Holidays: