Contact Us - Hours

homeBusiness hours

Monday 9am - 9pm
Tuesday 9am - 9pm
Wednesday 9am - 9pm
Thursday 9am - 9pm
Friday 9am - 4pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Sunday 10am - 2pm

telephone blueContact Us

Tel.: (403) 609 8333
Fax.: (403) 609 3666

After hours cancellations:
(403) 609 9596

Suite 212,
1240 Railway Ave.
Canmore, AB
T1W 1P4

The Alberta Health Card


To become a patient or be seen as a walk in, you must provide the front desk with your Alberta Health Card, or other valid provincial health care card (excluding Quebec).  It is your responsibility to have valid health coverage and to carry proof of this coverage with you; or you will be charged the corresponding Alberta Health Services fee for your visit (generally between $37 and $60 for a basic visit).  As some health facilities cannot provide services without physically seeing your valid provincial health care card, we recommend keeping the card in your wallet at all times.

As there is no reciprocal health care arrangement with Quebec, Quebec health care card holders will be charged the scheduled fee and will be issued a receipt.

Out of country patients can be seen on a walk in basis at a fee of $100/visit (additional fees may be charged for complex issues or procedures). A receipt will be provided.


For more information on how to obtain an Alberta Heath card please visit the AB Health website.

Travel Medicine and Vaccinations

Odyssey Travel and Tropical Medicine, available at Ridgeview.

Before you head off on your international travel, don't forget to see a healthcare provider to discuss travel health. Whether you are traveling for leisure, business or an adventure of a lifetime, your health is as important as your tickets and accommodation.

To help with access to travel health services in the Bow Valley, Odyssey Travel and Tropical Medicine Clinic has opened a satellite clinic based out of Ridgeview Medical Centre. This evening clinic will offer a complete selection of travel vaccines...

Continue Reading

Medical Students at Ridgeview

Ridgeview Medical Centre is a teaching site for residents and students from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary.  It is an honour and a privilege to be asked to help train the doctors of the future. Alberta has a shortage of rural doctors, and we hope to provide a positive experience in Canmore, encouraging young, talented doctors to consider careers in rural communities. This teaching relationship is beneficial to everyone at Ridgeview, with students challenging us to learn and improve throughout our careers....

What is a “Resident”?
A resident is a doctor who has finished medical school and is taking extra training to specialize. They work under the supervision of a licensed physician for two additional years before beginning to practice Family Medicine independently. Residents can order tests, write prescriptions, and manage most cases on their own, but may ask the licensed physician for help with difficult cases.

What is a “Clinical Clerk”?
A clinical clerk is a student in their final year of medical school, and is sometimes referred to as a “student intern”. They cannot write prescriptions or order tests without supervision of your doctor, but they are already well trained to do physical examinations and minor procedures.

What does this mean for you?
Occasionally, your physician will have a doctor-in-training working under his or her supervision. The staff will inform you of this when you are shown to an examination room. If you do not wish to be seen by the doctor-in-training, just let a staff member know. Your comfort is our priority.

The doctor-in-training will ALWAYS review your condition and treatment plan with your doctor. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding medical students, feel free to ask your physician.


  • 1
  • 2

RidgeviewlogoRidgeview Medical for Smartphone